Metal in iOS 8: Explained
You know it's serious because Apple's Craig Federighi flipped a goat on stage at WWDC when he announced it.Metal. If the name sounds hardcore, it's because it's a hardcore improvement to the way games will be able to perform on iOS 8. Metal represents a much more no-nonsense approach to getting the most out of the Apple A7's gaming performance, assuring users of the iPhone 5S, iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display that their devices will continue to be top-notch game systems come this fall.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM #2
Re: Metal in iOS 8: Explained
With direct compute power from the GPU apps like VLC will benefit greatly in video playback, or an app like this:
Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
- 06-27-2014, 11:10 AM #3
- By nmacmil in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 06-28-2014, 05:03 AM
- By Trees in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2014, 08:42 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2014, 08:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 06:41 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:40 AM