Editor's desk: The biggest advantage iPhone and iPad have over Android and Amazon

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

gmail_iphone_5s_hero.jpg

You can pay with money. You can pay with time. You can pay with attention. You can pay with data. Depending on what you have the most of, and what holds the greatest value to you, there exists options to meet your price. Apple and Amazon want your money. Open source wants your time. Facebook and Google want your attention and your data. Sometimes this results in discord. Sometimes in harmony. I'd argue that, with the iPhone, they exist in harmony. Apple charges a premium price for it and, because people willing to pay that price are highly valuable, everyone include Amazon and Facebook and Google want their attention-grabbing services front and center so they can collect as much data as possible. That makes the iPhone not only the only Apple phone on the market, but one of the best phones for Amazon and Facebook and Google customers as well. Hell, throw Microsoft on that pile too.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes! Apple has quite a few things in their favor right now: Economy of scale (an advantage partially shared with Android), a strong application offering, a vibrant and, dare I say, excited developer community, and a penchant for attracting the premium segment of the market. The only thing in this post that doesn't make sense to me is the open source bit. The iOS ecosystem is about as anti-open source as you can get.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73