Apple removes apps with music download capabilities from its App Store

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

in-app-purchases-ios-7.1.1.jpg

It appears as though Apple is removing apps that support the downloading of music from its App Store. It's an interesting move for the company, going as far as implementing a iTunes Radio banner, which is displayed when a search for 'music download' is carried out on the store. Removing said apps, including those that tap into third-party file sharing website, will surely pave the way for Apple to push through its iTunes music services.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with them removing those apps that are doing so illegally but if apps like TuneIn Pro are removed, I see a big issue with things like that happening.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem with them removing those apps that are doing so illegally but if apps like TuneIn Pro are removed, I see a big issue with things like that happening.
I don't see them removing the TuneIn Radio app and others like it. They are primarily streaming free radio content that you could tune in to in your vehicle or via a home stereo system if you were in the area of particular radio stations.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me plain and simple that this is Apple's way of controlling their own impending iTunes Music Services.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So would that mean that web browsers that can download files are also affected?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73