- 16,240 Posts
Apple paid over $2.5 billion for Beats Electronics, slightly less than $500 million for Beats Music
Details of the Apple acquisition of Beats are shedding a bit more light on where the value is coming from, indicating that the streaming music portion of the company is worth just shy of $500 million. That places the value of the Beats Electronics business at $2.5 billion, which in itself had nearly $1.5 billion in revenue in 2013.
Saying that the Beats streaming service is worth even $500 million is a bit ambitions, though, as it was revealed during the acquisition that it has only 250,000 subscribers, making each customer worth a whopping $2000. By contrast, Spotify has 10 million subscribers paying roughly the same $10 per month subscription fee and is valued at $4 billion — $400 per subscriber.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 06:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 05:10 PM
- By periscopesf in forum Apple Services DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2014, 05:01 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 04:30 PM
- By thomas4247 in forum iPhoneReplies: 1Last Post: 05-29-2014, 03:51 PM