- 16,205 Posts
T-Mobile merger with Sprint looks more likely as Softbank and Deutsche Telekom agree on sale
Softbank is making an end-run around concerns about a merger of Sprint and T-Mobile US by instead hitting up T-Mobile's parent company Deutsche Telekom. As reported by Japanese news agency Kyodo, Japan-based Softbank has entered into an agreement with Germany-based Deutsche Telekom to buy the latter's ownership stake in US carrier T-Mobile. The US Federal Communications Commission and Department of Justice have expressed their concerns about the potential for such consolidation in the US cellular market, and the move by Softbank would likely end up still being heavily scrutinized.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By hydrogen3 in forum PoliticsReplies: 25Last Post: 06-30-2014, 04:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2014, 02:06 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM
- By Davyo in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 05-29-2014, 10:29 AM