Anyone else keep accidentally hitting banner ads?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, this might be a weird thing to ask, but does anyone else keep hitting ads on mobile sites on their iPhone or iPad? Honestly, it's really annoying. It seems like I scroll down web sites or forums, and since there's so many stinking banner ads now I keep accidentally tapping them. A lot of times they open up the AppStore app and show me candy crush or something. Really, it's annoying , but I'm more worried if there's a possibility I could be opening malware or viruses or something.

Is there any dangers on opening banner ads or ads on websites? Does anyone else have issues with accidentally tapping ads on websites?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I rather get a banner ad then get re-directed to the App Store without even tapping on an ad, or worse a popup ad that is in the form of an iOS alert notification with only an ok button.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, and the only time I'm really using my mobile browser is when I'm looking for something specific while away from home or when I'm not near my MacBook. I don't peruse websites in the manner I do when I'm on my Macbook.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Also, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. So if a mod can move it to the general discussion thread , I'd appreciate it :)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I rather get a banner ad then get re-directed to the App Store without even tapping on an ad, or worse a popup ad that is in the form of an iOS alert notification with only an ok button.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I get that sometimes where it seems like it directs me to the App Store without hitting anything when scrolling on the website. Is that normal?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I get that sometimes where it seems like it directs me to the App Store without hitting anything when scrolling on the website. Is that normal?

It's the way the ads are setup on the web site (or in my case the default cydia repos). I've had some games do that but if the game only requires a data connection for ads I'll just turn that game off under the cellular settings so I don't get ads in the game as long as I'm not connected to wifi.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's the way the ads are setup on the web site (or in my case the default cydia repos). I've had some games do that but if the game only requires a data connection for ads I'll just turn that game off under the cellular settings so I don't get ads in the game as long as I'm not connected to wifi.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

So it's not malware or anything? Wanna make sure that isn't doing anything funky to my device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73