- 16,205 Posts
Verizon to flip the switch on nationwide HD Voice VoLTE in a few months
Verizon has just announced their plans to start rolling out voice over LTE, also known as HD Voice and VoLTE. The system should be rolling out over the next couple of months, and enable high-quality audio calling provided both users are in an area with a VoLTE network and are using supporting handsets. They'll be using AMR-wideband to deploy HD Voice. Verizon promises this upgrade will also include the ability to instantly hand off to a video call, and will eventually lead to improved file transfer size, group messaging, and location sharing.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By KingBuick in forum VerizonReplies: 11Last Post: 10-24-2014, 02:03 AM
- By KingBuick in forum MacBook ProReplies: 20Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:22 AM
- By jkeitz in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2014, 12:21 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-20-2014, 10:20 AM