- 16,219 Posts
FCC votes to limit AT&T, Verizon involvement in mid-2015 spectrum auction
Even with threats from AT&T and Verizon, the FCC has gone forward and voted in favor of previously-proposed restrictions on the 2015 spectrum auction that will offer up valuable low-band airwaves to wireless carriers. The restrictions put in place will reserve portions of the spectrum going up for auction for carriers that don't already have large chunks of low-band spectrum, largely cutting out AT&T and Verizon from participating in many markets.
Though complaints from AT&T and Verizon that claimed the auction was unfairly placing restrictions on some participants made sense on the surface, the argument fell apart when you consider that those two carriers control as much as two-thirds of all low-band spectrum at this point. Opening up an auction that provides smaller carriers an opportunity to get more of this valuable spectrum makes sense, at least on that level.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By DoeZ in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 15Last Post: 05-16-2014, 07:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-16-2014, 08:29 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:54 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2014, 08:40 AM