- 16,176 Posts
USB vs. Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi: The best way to tether to your iPhone or iPad!
Tethering lets you share the data connection from your iPhone or cellular iPad with your Mac, PC, Wi-Fi tablet, and other devices. There are three ways to tether to your iPhone or iPad and they are USB (via Lightning or Dock cable), Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi (personal hotspot). But which one gives you the fastest speed? Which one gives you the most reliable connection? Which one saves you the most battery life? Which is the best way to tether to your iPhone and iPad?
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 05-12-2014, 11:04 AM #2
Re: USB vs. Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi: The best way to tether to your iPhone or iPad!
If I remember correctly you can use both USB and wifi tethering at the same time. Also in my tests wifi was the fastest with USB being the slowest. With wifi I got 6 Mbps down 1.79 Mbps up (5th gen iPod touch), Bluetooth I got 3.7 Mbps down and 1.79 Mbps up (5th gen iPod touch) and USB I got 1 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up (windows 7 desktop with USB 2.0). I should also note those results were based on my 4S, I haven't tried on my 5S yet.
Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
- 05-12-2014, 11:07 AM #3
- By sclambe in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-19-2014, 02:38 PM
- By Watrat in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 05-15-2014, 03:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2014, 09:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-12-2014, 10:39 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 09:00 AM