- 16,237 Posts
IDC data shows tablet sales slowing but Apple and Samsung still own the market
IDC posted their quarterly numbers of the international tablet market. They're showing a slight dip in iPad dominance and growth from Samsung. Apple dropped from 40.2% of market share in the first quarter of 2013 to 32.5% in Q1 2014, compared to Samsung who went up from 17.5% to 22.3%. According to IDC, Amazon, Asus, and Lenovo each occupy 5% or less of the current global market share, with the remaining 34% claimed by other manufacturers. The overall market has dipped 35% since the holiday quarter which isn't much of a surprise, but it's up 3.9% since a year ago.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Stephen Spendley in forum Mac Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-01-2014, 01:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-01-2014, 01:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:10 AM