CEO of indoor positioning firm Wifarer moves to Apple in a leadership role
Apple is continuing their investment in indoor location tracking with a new hire. Philip Stanger, founded Wifarer, though the company itself isn't coming to Apple with him. Stanger's hire falls in line with Apple's acquisition of WifiSLAM last year, which, like Wifarer, uses Wi-Fi hotspots throughout large facilities like museums to figure out where you are on a map when proper GPS isn't available. Stanger's new position at Apple hasn't been made specific, but he's apparently in a "leadership role"
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By gordol in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 5Last Post: 05-11-2014, 08:48 AM
- By Ledsteplin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-01-2014, 04:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-01-2014, 01:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:09 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-01-2014, 10:10 AM