- 16,212 Posts
Samsung and Apple still lead global smartphone market, but smaller rivals are chipping away at their
The titans of the smartphone space — Samsung and Apple — are still the titans, but smaller competitors like Huawei and Lenovo are chipping away at their market share. That's the latest from Strategy Analytics, whose numbers of the global smartphone marketshare for the first quarter of this year saw the combined smartphone marketshare of Samsung and Apple dip to 46.5% from 49.9%. That said, their total shipments were up massively from the year prior: 89 million from Samsung (up by 19.6 million units) and 43.7 million iPhones from Apple (up 6.3 million units). So neither company is in 'trouble' just yet, they're just claiming a smaller percentage of a much much larger pie.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By the_tech_eater in forum MacBook AirReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2014, 11:43 PM
- By maihaidang in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2014, 04:32 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2014, 08:00 AM