- 16,232 Posts
AT&T to launch in-flight Wifi service with air-to-ground LTE in 2015
AT&T is set to take on the likes of Gogo in a battle for in-flight Wifi, as the carrier announced its plans to offer a service based on its current LTE network. Starting in late 2015, AT&T will begin to implement a new air-to-ground communication between planes and its existing LTE network to provide in-flight Wifi and entertainment to passengers flying in the U.S. (notably omitting international flights). The service will utilize spectrum that AT&T already owns, and the carrier will be partnering with Honeywell to make sure everything goes according to plan.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By pappy53 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 6Last Post: 05-02-2014, 01:31 PM
- By tumbleweed4 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-29-2014, 02:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:10 PM