- 16,237 Posts
Intel sketches out the next generation of Thunderbolt: twice as fast, 33% thinner
The ThunderBolt connector has used the same plug-and-port design for years, but the next generation is reported to mix things up with a new design and even faster speeds. Intel has given the as-of-yet-unnamed standard (we'd place iCash on Thunderbolt 3) update the codename Alpine Ridge, and it's said to double the transmission rates of Thunderbolt 2 to up to 40Gbps. The new connector is also shorter in height, measuring in at around 3mm, compared to the 4.5 mm of the current Thunderbolt design.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Just_Me_D in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 32Last Post: 06-07-2014, 09:29 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 46Last Post: 04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2014, 02:20 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2014, 08:40 AM