- 16,205 Posts
On the eve of iPhone 6 carriers once again using the media to push back on 'subsidies'
Imagine a boss at a company with a really great salesperson who lands all the best, highest valued customers for the company. Now imagine that boss hates having to pay that salesperson their really high commission, even though it's the salesperson who's closing all those deals and ensuring all that money comes to the company. The boss can't afford to lose that salesperson but they're desperate to find anyway they can to cut that salesperson's commissions. Likewise, the salesperson knows their value and insists on being richly compensated for the deals they close. That's the relationship between the carriers and the iPhone, and between the price carriers pay Apple for the revenue the iPhone generates. It's also why the carriers hate Apple and the iPhone, and why when a new iPhone — like the iPhone 6 — is on the horizon, we get articles like this so goram always: "As Phone Subsidies Fade, Apple Could Be Hurt".
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Jaguarr40 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 46Last Post: 04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
- By sebasx in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2014, 09:47 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-22-2014, 08:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 05:10 AM