- 16,194 Posts
Exclusive games just the latest battleground for Apple, Google, and Amazon
Are the best games on Android or are the best games on iPhone? That's a question that's becoming increasingly important to both Apple and Google, and they're reportedly willing to help developers get massive marketing pushes in exchange for periods of exclusivity for hot new games. This will come as a surprise to precisely no one familiar with the console market, or the basics of running any store, real-world or virtual. Mario, Sonic, Halo, and other exclusive franchises made the console wars of the past, and on mobile, and for iOS and Android, that's now translating into Plants vs. Zombies 2, Cut the Rope 2, and others.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 04-20-2014, 08:16 PM #2
Re: Exclusive games just the latest battleground for Apple, Google, and Amazon
If Apple makes a game for iOS devices only that's fine, if Google makes a game for android phones only that's fine, if Amazon makes a game for kindles only that's fine, but if Apple, Google, & Amazon are making deals with developers for exclusive games that's crossing line.
Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
- 04-20-2014, 08:34 PM #3
- By DroidArmy in forum GamingReplies: 29Last Post: 03-30-2016, 03:37 PM
- By david9962000 in forum iMessageReplies: 8Last Post: 07-17-2014, 01:44 PM
- By rld001 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-21-2014, 08:06 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-20-2014, 08:28 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-20-2014, 05:00 PM