- 16,205 Posts
How to DIY replace the front-facing FaceTime camera and sensor cable on the iPhone 5
If you're experiencing issues with the front-facing FaceTime camera on your iPhone 5, it may be time for a DIY repair. Symptoms with the FaceTime camera typically include a blacked out screen when the front-facing camera is activated or pixelated areas and lines through the screen. In some cases the front-facing FaceTime camera may not launch or trigger at all. That cable also contains the proximity sensor and ambient light sensor. If auto brightness isn't working or your display doesn't turn off when you're on a call, those are signs the sensor portion is failing. If you're experiencing any of these issues, follow along and we can walk you through a DIY repair from start to finish!
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 23Last Post: 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
- By xMatter in forum Apple for Business & EnterpriseReplies: 22Last Post: 04-20-2014, 08:05 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2014, 11:41 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-18-2014, 11:40 AM