Yahoo really really wants to be the default search engine for iPhones and iPads
Fire up Safari on your iPhone or iPad today and you'll most likely find Google as the default search engine — but if Yahoo has their way that might change. Users have the option to change from Google to other search providers such as Bing or Yahoo, but Google's had the default spot locked down for some time thanks to the handsome sum they've been paying Apple for the privilege. But Microsoft's Bing is the default search used in Siri, so count that as a win for Redmond. Yahoo isn't too happy that Google holds the crown jewel default search in Safari, and they're apparently aiming to convince Apple to change that.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 09-06-2014, 07:00 PM
- By susanosaka in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2014, 06:32 PM
- By karh in forum MacBook ProReplies: 4Last Post: 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM
- By shivanshu1997 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 7Last Post: 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM