- 16,218 Posts
Apple snaps up speech recognition company Novauris, team now working on Siri
Siri is potentially going to get a lot stronger, as Apple has quietly acquired yet another speech recognition company — this time a well-known firm called Novauris. Founded in 2002 and spun out of the better-known Dragon Systems, Novauris is one of the early pioneers of modern voice recognition. Although Apple has made no official announcement of the purchase, TechCrunch has confirmed that the deal is done and was actually completed in 2013.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 04-03-2014, 06:30 PM #2
Re: Apple snaps up speech recognition company Novauris, team now working on Siri
I had read that this company was a spin off from Dragon which to me is the best and many apps use Dragon speech recognition and of course Apple. I think cornering the market in speech recognition will bring some interesting things to Apples hardware and of course their apps they come up with only make them better including SIRI that I find new and interesting things all the time.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-11-2014, 10:21 AM
- By Highrisedrifter in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 04-07-2014, 12:40 PM
- By JasonZigrino in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-04-2014, 09:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 04-04-2014, 02:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-03-2014, 04:20 PM