Will you be getting Office for iPad?

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Will you be getting Office for iPad?
So, it's finally happened. Microsoft Office is finally on the iPad after Microsoft formally introduced it at an event today. Office is one of those packages that some absolutely live in, and it's still one of the very best at what it does. As the iPad has grown in popularity over the years, Office has been noticably absent. But now that it's here, will you be getting it?

Full story from the iMore Blog...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to continue to use office on my ThinkPad and Pages on my iPad and iPhone. I can't justify the $99

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How did you get that

Microsoft stores were giving them away. If you brought your iPad to a Microsoft store they would give you a free 1 year subscription but it was for the first 50 customers per store.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Many students and educators can get Office 365 for $80 - $90 for four years. It covers installation on 2 computers and 2 tablets. Some schools even offer it to students for free. I have used both collegebuys.org and academicsuperstore.com, which are both authorized to sell Microsoft and Adobe products to students and educators at greatly reduced prices.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Dear me no, certainly not at the price of ?80 PER YEAR. I like to purchase my software, get the disks and know that it's mine. I dislike subscriptions and 'cloud based' working environments.

It just seems like we are retuning to the 'dumb terminals' of the 70s and 80s.

I will never get Office 365. I will stick with Office 2010 until it irrevocably falls over then I will move to Open Office.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
If it was a one time price of 90 dollars, I might. But per year is ridiculous. Especially if you've bought a copy for your Mac or PC.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear me no, certainly not at the price of ?80 PER YEAR. I like to purchase my software, get the disks and know that it's mine. I dislike subscriptions and 'cloud based' working environments.

It just seems like we are retuning to the 'dumb terminals' of the 70s and 80s.

I will never get Office 365. I will stick with Office 2010 until it irrevocably falls over then I will move to Open Office.

I know I still use office 2003 but only because office XP doesn't work on windows 7.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner