- 16,211 Posts
Happy XIIIth birthday, OS X!
On March 24, 2001, Apple released Mac OS X v10.0. Codenamed "Cheetah," the new Mac operating system represented a radical departure from what came before it. OS X would help to mold Apple into what it's become today and it would also lay the groundwork for the enormous success Apple saw with mobile devices.
In the late 1990s Apple had a problem. Its operating system was showing its age. The software had gone through nine major revisions over the years and had been steadily improved and refined over the years.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By John Yester in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 33Last Post: 03-27-2014, 07:55 PM
- By TanzaniteInfotech in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 03-24-2014, 03:23 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iOSReplies: 5Last Post: 03-20-2014, 07:54 AM
- By kch50428 in forum OS X / macOSReplies: 2Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:50 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2014, 08:50 AM