iOS 7 game controller support remains a promise unfulfilled: A gamer's lament

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

MFi controller support seemed like a great compromise: gamers who wanted real game controls would be able to get devices that worked. And the fact that support was built in to the operating system meant broad support. Or so I thought. Five months after iOS 7's release, there's still only a relative handful of games that make use of MFi game controllers. Not to mention a paucity of MFi controllers.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I think it's a combination of Apple not promoting it and developers not adding support to their apps. I think Apple needed a popular app to add controller support plus the controller to come out when iOS 7 launched for it to take off. To me it seems like Apple added it as a last minute feature. I think it has huge potential. Just imagine playing a game with a controller but the game is being airplay mirrored to an Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Certainly a feature that has a lot of potential but as you stated in the article, controllers are more expensive than real console controllers. That's something that must change if the feature is going to really catch on with developers

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods