- 16,184 Posts
Why Samsung's fingerprint sensor needs to face the same scrutiny as Apple's Touch ID
Last week the new Samsung Galaxy S5 was introduced and along with it, Samsung's take on the fingerprint identity sensor. Apple, of course, introduced Touch ID fingerprint identity scanner alongside the iPhone 5s back in September of 2013. From launch Touch ID received considerable scrutiny over its implementation and its implications from the media, from security groups, and from the government. So, roughly 3 nano-seconds after the Galaxy S5 was swiped on stage, Apple enthusiasts began wondering out loud about just when exactly that same scrutiny would hit Samsung. Some felt it won't and that that's unfair. Others felt it won't and that that's perfectly reasonable. My take is that it has to, and not just for the sake of Apple/Samsung fairness, but for consumer confidence and the future.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Navmacs in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum OS X / macOSReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2014, 08:32 AM
- By Markiee in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-28-2014, 08:10 AM
- By Speedygi in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 5Last Post: 02-28-2014, 07:30 AM