Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

16,205 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,204 Global Posts

Default Is Rogers Next worth it?

Today Rogers announced a new program called Next which aims to win over early adopters that want a new phone every year. Youíre essentially leasing your phone for $25 or $30/month, depending on if you want to have device insurance. You donít pay any initial cost on your upgrade including activation or remaining device balance, you hand over your old device, and you get a new phone for $0-down that normally costs up to $250 on a two-year plan. Sounds like a good deal, right? Letís run through the details to see if itís all itís cracked up to be.
    First, some background. This structure isn't entirely new in the grand scheme of mobile. TELUS has something similar called T-Up specifically for iPhone which only charges $9/month, but doesn't pay for your next device, just forgives your current device balance when you're ready to upgrade after a year. In the U.S., AT&T also has something called Next, T-Mobile has Jump, and Verizon has Edge. They're all a little different, but from the looks of things, T-Mobile screws people the least. Oh, and the Americans can do it every six months rather than once a year.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Default Re: Is Rogers Next worth it?

In my opinion, the best deal Canadians can get out of an early upgrade package. Once a year is still pretty good, some of us here in other countries can only dream of such plans.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

3,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,186 Global Posts

Default Re: Is Rogers Next worth it?

$300/year extra to get a phone for that is upto $250 on a 2 year term for $0...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk