Is Rogers Next worth it?

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Today Rogers announced a new program called Next which aims to win over early adopters that want a new phone every year. You?re essentially leasing your phone for $25 or $30/month, depending on if you want to have device insurance. You don?t pay any initial cost on your upgrade including activation or remaining device balance, you hand over your old device, and you get a new phone for $0-down that normally costs up to $250 on a two-year plan. Sounds like a good deal, right? Let?s run through the details to see if it?s all it?s cracked up to be.
First, some background. This structure isn't entirely new in the grand scheme of mobile. TELUS has something similar called T-Up specifically for iPhone which only charges $9/month, but doesn't pay for your next device, just forgives your current device balance when you're ready to upgrade after a year. In the U.S., AT&T also has something called Next, T-Mobile has Jump, and Verizon has Edge. They're all a little different, but from the looks of things, T-Mobile screws people the least. Oh, and the Americans can do it every six months rather than once a year.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the best deal Canadians can get out of an early upgrade package. Once a year is still pretty good, some of us here in other countries can only dream of such plans.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
$300/year extra to get a phone for that is upto $250 on a 2 year term for $0...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro