On their surface Apple's iWork apps now included with the purchase of new Macs or iOS devices provide customers with Microsoft Office-like capabilities. Are they a substitute for Office? Maybe for some, but Office's absence on iOS is still a glaring void that needs to be filled. For many of Apple's customers, there's simply no adequate substitute for Microsoft's productivity software.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    02-17-2014 12:00 PM
    I honestly think it's more of a refusal to try something new than an actual necessity for some missing feature from iWork. I used to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint regularly...and I would use them for the core purposes each was offered for. I do not use any of them anymore for anything...and I share my iWork projects with people who strictly only use Office tools, and they never have a problem with any of it because it is so seamlessly transitioned into both worlds from either side.

I think the demand for office on iPad is simply because people don't want to try to switch over to iWork out of habit and familiarity. I think if they did, this demand wouldn't be nearly as strong.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    02-17-2014 01:51 PM
    I honestly think it's more of a refusal to try something new than an actual necessity for some missing feature from iWork. I used to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint regularly...and I would use them for the core purposes each was offered for. I do not use any of them anymore for anything...and I share my iWork projects with people who strictly only use Office tools, and they never have a problem with any of it because it is so seamlessly transitioned into both worlds from either side.

I think the demand for office on iPad is simply because people don't want to try to switch over to iWork out of habit and familiarity. I think if they did, this demand wouldn't be nearly as strong.
    I agree with you. iWork is pretty good although, it is missing features from Office.
    02-17-2014 02:44 PM