Why Microsoft Office for iPad is still important: 'Almost' isn't good enough

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

office-ipad_0.JPG

On their surface Apple's iWork apps ? now included with the purchase of new Macs or iOS devices ? provide customers with Microsoft Office-like capabilities. Are they a substitute for Office? Maybe for some, but Office's absence on iOS is still a glaring void that needs to be filled. For many of Apple's customers, there's simply no adequate substitute for Microsoft's productivity software.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think it's more of a refusal to try something new than an actual necessity for some missing feature from iWork. I used to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint regularly...and I would use them for the core purposes each was offered for. I do not use any of them anymore for anything...and I share my iWork projects with people who strictly only use Office tools, and they never have a problem with any of it because it is so seamlessly transitioned into both worlds from either side.

I think the demand for office on iPad is simply because people don't want to try to switch over to iWork out of habit and familiarity. I think if they did, this demand wouldn't be nearly as strong.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think it's more of a refusal to try something new than an actual necessity for some missing feature from iWork. I used to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint regularly...and I would use them for the core purposes each was offered for. I do not use any of them anymore for anything...and I share my iWork projects with people who strictly only use Office tools, and they never have a problem with any of it because it is so seamlessly transitioned into both worlds from either side.

I think the demand for office on iPad is simply because people don't want to try to switch over to iWork out of habit and familiarity. I think if they did, this demand wouldn't be nearly as strong.

I agree with you. iWork is pretty good although, it is missing features from Office.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2