Alas, poor iPod! We knew him, Horatio: A lament for Apple's music player

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

The writing is on the wall, and has been for some time: The iPod is on a downward slope. Apple saw a sharp year over year decline in iPod sales - down 52 percent, from 12.7 million iPods sold to 6.05 million. This isn't the first quarter that iPod sales have dropped precipitously, either. What's going on?

Full story from the iMore Blog...

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhones and iPads are taking over.

I still use my 160GB Classic in my car every day but this week, I am thinking of using my 128GB iPad Mini through my cars Bluetooth to see how well it works. I never liked using my iPhone as an iPod because of the small screen and no click wheel but with the iPad, it's much easier to get around on.

The Classics click wheel made it so easy to skip songs are fast forward or rewind a bit.

I don't think we'll see anything new iPod related in the fall but the iPods aren't going anywhere either for probably a few more years. They'll keep what they have available.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I love my Touch but I would never pick it up if I had an iPhone. Heck, I'd never pick it up if I had an iPad. It's a delightful little mobile gaming device but the price point is a bit high. Reasonable for what it brings to the table but unreasonable compared to some of the other alternatives out there. There will probably always be a market for something like it, just not a huge one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal