- 16,184 Posts
Why we fear Google
Companies are predators, like wolves or wildcats or snakes; it's their nature to bite, and we know that when we pick up their products and services. I don't mean that to sound overly dramatic. Just like when I riff on "any company sufficiently large is indistinguishable from evil", whether it's about Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook or any such company, it's a reminder to myself, and hopefully others, that while we can love the products and services these companies provide for us, we have to respect that they are companies, and balance our love and trust with a healthy amount of skepticism... and fear. It's human nature. It's what's kept us alive for thousands of generations. We are, still, those tribal creatures, wary of what's different, and new, and what shakes the world outside. It's why we get antsy in the dark, and why the internet projects collective angst when Google buys Nest.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 01-15-2014, 12:52 AM #2
- 01-15-2014, 01:12 AM #3
- 01-15-2014, 01:17 AM #4
- 01-15-2014, 01:19 AM #5
- 01-15-2014, 07:29 AM #6
- 01-15-2014, 07:43 AM #7
Re: Why we fear Google
No one should want them to dominate the market, they would get complacent and not innovate and it would suck for the consumers.
Sure we don't want to end up like blackberry and it's good for them to have their healthy share but not to dominate the market.
- 01-15-2014, 10:12 AM #8
- 01-15-2014, 10:33 AM #9
- 01-15-2014, 06:17 PM #10
- By Jake Hobbs in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2014, 09:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2014, 06:19 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2014, 03:40 PM