- 16,182 Posts
The new rules of the interface virtual reality and motion tracking at CES 2014
CES 2014 was jam-packed with all sorts of crazy stuff, but one of the many distinct themes at the show was the evolution of interfaces by way of virtual reality and touchless sensors. VR has been an unfulfilled pipe dream for too long, but when we start seeing concrete products that just might actually work, its hard for even the jaded among us to not get a little giddy.
Given, neither VR nor motion tracking are especially new in the world of computing, but a post-Kinect generation of consumer-friendly motion-sensing products is inching ever-closer to the mainstream. These trends stand to shift (or at least supplement) the finger-friendly direction gadgets have been on for the last couple of years, and may potentially interrupt the entrenched mouse-and-keyboard habits of a whole generation.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By jakeblanton in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 03-11-2014, 09:44 AM
- By Kashan Osama in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2014, 12:50 PM