- 16,197 Posts
Structure sensor dynamically creates 3D objects on iPad
The coolest thing I've seen at CES 2014 so far has been Structure, an infrared sensor bar built for iPad which lets users scan real-world objects and have them translated into 3D virtual objects that you can manipulate elsewhere. Use cases here can range from the obvious, like 3D printing, to more mainstream tasks like scanning a room so you can check for furniture dimensions later with a true-to-scale layout, and augmented reality gaming. The AR gaming mechanic holds a lot of potential, since any object in the real world stands to be a 3D puzzle piece, a chunk of cover against enemy fire, or any number of potential in-game entities.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By ROSES5682 in forum SprintReplies: 4Last Post: 05-23-2014, 09:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2014, 07:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2014, 07:23 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2014, 03:20 PM