App Store ratings are broken, let's get rid of them

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The two most used apps on my devices (iPhone, iPad, AppleTV) are MLB at Bat and NHL GameCenter. Both MLB and NHL are very clear to what their leagues' blackout restrictions are, yet there are several 1 star reviews for each app from people complaining the apps are worthless because a certain team is blacked out. It would only take 30 seconds of research to uncover the fact that if someone lives in Chicago both White Sox and Blackhawks games are going to be unavailable on their devices.

MLB and NHL are strong enough to overcome these nonsensical reviews but I'm sure a lot of smaller developers have been damaged by ignorant reviews. I agree with Peter Cohen that the entire review system needs to be completely revamped or eliminated.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to believe that people had so much anger over the 12 Days of Gifts you take it or leave it it's not an auto download thru the app that's eating up your storage space if Apple didn't offer it you wouldn't even have the choose of excepting or refusing it

Get a life haters of all things because what angers you is only you!

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB