Why the heck would anyone buy the non-Retina MacBook Pro? Well...

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

With the "standard" 13-inch MacBook Pro and its Retina display-equipped counterpart only $100 apart, you might think that few people would be interested in the older MacBook Pro. It's thicker, heavier, has a lower resolution screen, is less power-efficient and isn't as speedy. You'd be wrong. Turns out the "standard" MacBook Pro is still selling briskly.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
[url]http://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/620w620h/public/field/image/2013/12/macbook_pro_13_inch_mavericks.jpg?itok=iczgNUG6[/URL]

With the "standard" 13-inch MacBook Pro and its Retina display-equipped counterpart only $100 apart, you might think that few people would be interested in the older MacBook Pro. It's thicker, heavier, has a lower resolution screen, is less power-efficient and isn't as speedy. You'd be wrong. Turns out the "standard" MacBook Pro is still selling briskly.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Some people might not need the retina display.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. To save money as has been mentioned above.
2. Lack of desire or need for a retina display.
3. Personal choice ****

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I get it, still rocking my 2010 MacBook Pro and in spite of being overdue for an update and being able to afford it I've got these rational moments when I turn on my Mac and realise it's still beautiful, reliable and just all I need. A close friend of mine owns the newest model and while I got to admit it's a remarkable product the older ones are regardless top shelf and to this day awesome machines. So why not, especially bearing in mind the huge price difference it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Some people just bought it before Retina came out the following year, and they didn't have a say on it whatsoever.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The 13" MBP is certainly the worst SKU Apple is currently offering. I'd gladly make the case for a 13" Air or the rMBP all day long. If it's an issue of money, I'd direct someone to an Apple refurb.

I'm not surprised it continues to sell though with its lower price point. I just think it's a shame that it is still using that older hardware. I'd like to see them keep a non - retina MBP as a low(er) cost middle ground between the Air and the rMBP.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Simple answer for me, the disc drive. If you need one and buy the retina display, you'd be spending more than the $100 difference in the end.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2