- 16,173 Posts
21.5-inch iMac vs. 27-inch iMac: Which all-in-one desktop Mac should you buy?
Apple's iMac rewrote the company's fortunes at a time when Apple desperately needed a hit. The year was 1998. Steve Jobs had returned to take the helm of the ailing company, but Apple had spent years churning out poorly-differentiated beige boxes. Out comes a translucent blue all-in-one computer unlike anything else on the market. It sold like wildfire and set off a design renaissance in personal computing: within a couple of years, everyone was churning out colorful, cheerful PCs that mimicked Apple's hit system. Fast forward to the modern day: the iMac has undergone some radical changes. Gone is the translucent case; gone is the bulky CRT display. In their place is an incredibly elegant flat panel all-in-one design that has gotten progressively thinner over the years as Apple has done everything it can to get the computer itself out of the way of the computing experience. Within the iMac product line, however, there are a lot of options to consider, so let's take a look at what Apple is offering.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 12-07-2013, 09:53 PM #2
Re: 21.5-inch iMac vs. 27-inch iMac: Which all-in-one desktop Mac should you buy?
Go with the 27 inch.. about a week ago I got the 27inch Thunder bolt display and love every inch of it. right now I have it with my MacBook Pro but soon to to with my mac pro
- By ragulto in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 54Last Post: 01-02-2014, 02:55 PM
- By oscaramzz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2013, 05:28 PM
- By quamdar in forum Apple TVReplies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2013, 04:11 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-06-2013, 03:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2013, 12:31 PM