Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

16,212 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,209 Global Posts

Default Siri: How far has it come in two years, and how far does it still have to go?

A year ago I wrote about the challenges facing Siri and Apple's services. Over the last 12 months, not much has changed in terms of the big picture. Siri processing is still completely server-bound, allowing the network to serve as a single point of failure even for local operations like setting an alarm. Siri still isn't prescient either, providing information only when you ask for it, but not when it might be needed anyway. I hold to hope that some of the advances we've seen in OS X filter across to iOS 8, but there are a couple of things Apple has already done that are worth mentioning.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Default Re: Siri: How far has it come in two years, and how far does it still have to go?

I really can't speak about how far Siri has come in TWO years, but it's a definite upgrade from the other two (BlackBerry and Android) smartphones that I have owned