US President Barack Obama told a group of young people at the White House that he can't use an Apple iPhone for security reasons, according to a recent Associated Press report (as published by SecurityWeek).

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-05-2013 07:50 AM
    It's certainly interesting but I am not surprised that an iPhone doesn't meet the security needs. I assume that the interaction and level of control that BES allows with BlackBerry devices allows his device to be locked down in just the right ways that they need to deem it secure enough for his personal needs.
    pr1nce and Spencerdl like this.
    12-05-2013 09:30 AM
    This is what has allowed BB to barely survive these last few years. Keyboard and security are what BB is know for
    pr1nce and Spencerdl like this.
    12-05-2013 10:18 AM
    Glad MY "STUFF" isn't that important or else I too would be missing out on this AWESOME device.....SMILE
    rdiddy_25 likes this.
    12-05-2013 11:32 AM
    It's certainly interesting but I am not surprised that an iPhone doesn't meet the security needs. I assume that the interaction and level of control that BES allows with BlackBerry devices allows his device to be locked down in just the right ways that they need to deem it secure enough for his personal needs.
    iPhones can be every bit as secured as Blackberrys. The "iPhone isn't secure" meme is trite.
    12-05-2013 11:56 AM
    iPhones can be every bit as secured as Blackberrys. The "iPhone isn't secure" meme is trite.
    We've seen the level of optimization a vendor can achieve when they build both the device and software. I'd think this would carry over when you create the device, OS, and management software and would allow for even greater control of that device. I'm not saying iPhone isn't secure, just that it's likely BBs can be configured to a greater degree with BES given that it likely allows a more granular set of controls.
    12-05-2013 12:01 PM
    The security grid at the Whitehouse has to truly be near unbreakable are they using iPads and iPhones I believe so but our President has always been a BB user and the security on his phone has to be the highest in the World

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    12-05-2013 12:29 PM
    The security grid at the Whitehouse has to truly be near unbreakable are they using iPads and iPhones I believe so but our President has always been a BB user and the security on his phone has to be the highest in the World
    I can't go into detail but let's just say the IT at the big white building is not exactly what people would think, in certain area's yes but overall it's a joke.
    12-05-2013 01:45 PM
    All off topic posts have been removed. Everyone, please keep on topic, if there is another subject you would like to discuss start your own thread about it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad Air.
    12-05-2013 08:26 PM
    Big surprise here...
    12-06-2013 12:38 PM