Obama says he can't use an iPhone because of security

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly interesting but I am not surprised that an iPhone doesn't meet the security needs. I assume that the interaction and level of control that BES allows with BlackBerry devices allows his device to be locked down in just the right ways that they need to deem it secure enough for his personal needs.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
This is what has allowed BB to barely survive these last few years. Keyboard and security are what BB is know for

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Glad MY "STUFF" isn't that important or else I too would be missing out on this AWESOME device.....SMILE

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's certainly interesting but I am not surprised that an iPhone doesn't meet the security needs. I assume that the interaction and level of control that BES allows with BlackBerry devices allows his device to be locked down in just the right ways that they need to deem it secure enough for his personal needs.
iPhones can be every bit as secured as Blackberrys. The "iPhone isn't secure" meme is trite.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
iPhones can be every bit as secured as Blackberrys. The "iPhone isn't secure" meme is trite.

We've seen the level of optimization a vendor can achieve when they build both the device and software. I'd think this would carry over when you create the device, OS, and management software and would allow for even greater control of that device. I'm not saying iPhone isn't secure, just that it's likely BBs can be configured to a greater degree with BES given that it likely allows a more granular set of controls.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The security grid at the Whitehouse has to truly be near unbreakable are they using iPads and iPhones I believe so but our President has always been a BB user and the security on his phone has to be the highest in the World

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
The security grid at the Whitehouse has to truly be near unbreakable are they using iPads and iPhones I believe so but our President has always been a BB user and the security on his phone has to be the highest in the World

I can't go into detail but let's just say the IT at the big white building is not exactly what people would think, in certain area's yes but overall it's a joke.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
All off topic posts have been removed. Everyone, please keep on topic, if there is another subject you would like to discuss start your own thread about it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad Air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2