Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

16,246 Posts

Default Coin wants to combine all of your cards into one, but how well will it work?

The Internet has been buzzing about Coin, a credit card replacement announced last Thursday. Currently taking pre-orders, and planning to launch Summer 2014, Coin is a credit card-sized device which is capable of storing and behaving as pretty much any card with a magnetic strip: credit cards, gift cards, membership cards, etc. Coin allows you to select which card you want to use, and when you or a merchant swipe your credit card, the information for the appropriate card can be read from Coin. The idea of replacing every card in your wallet with a single one is an exciting one, but obviously a product like this raises a lot of questions.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Default Re: Coin wants to combine all of your cards into one, but how well will it work?

I almost pre-ordered it, but stopped when I realized they charge my card now and not shipping until next summer. Not a fan of the pay and wait deal. I will definitely look into it when it is released though. I switch from my daily wallet to my going out wallet, which is just a few credit cards, my ID and cash. The Coin would be perfect for that!