- iMore Elite
- 2,761 Posts
Restoring text messages to iPhone that appear on Mac
I have lost the entirety of a text conversation on my iphone due to me trying to delete a few messages that hadn't sent and stupidly pressing the 'delete conversation' button instead.
However, the conversation still appears in iMessage on my Mac. This whole conversation has happened since my last backup as I got a new iPhone 7 plus and as it was a different phone, and set up as new, my backup preferences were changed from the ones I had on my 6 and I forgot to set them back. Lesson learned there.
So if the conversation still appears on iMessages on my Mac, how can I get it back onto iMessage my iPhone please? I honestly have no idea.
- 10-15-2016, 06:05 PM #2
- 10-15-2016, 06:28 PM #4
- 10-15-2016, 08:34 PM #5iMore Beginner
- 74 Posts
Re: Restoring text messages to iPhone that appear on Mac
Leave the conversation on the mac. Start a new conversation with that person on iPhone. When they reply, you reply back but in the conversation on your mac. That conversation may reappear on the iPhone after your mac reply. If not try replying on iPhone.
I have had conversations reappear but I don't recall exactly because I wasn't trying it just happened. And I think it was the order above.
Worth a shot.
- By Majid Ur Rehman in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 38Last Post: Yesterday, 10:07 AM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 23Last Post: 10-20-2016, 04:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2016, 07:09 PM
- By Mr.JaythaWho in forum iOS 10Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2016, 04:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2016, 04:21 PM