What's up with these new iMessage emoji and such in iOS 10?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I saw a little about this during the iMore stream of the WWDC keynote, but I want to know more. So what's the dealio with these new emoji? How useful are they? Anymore actually using them in the beta or anything yet?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

At first glance, I really didn't care for them, but I can see how they could be useful in expressing yourself to certain people you send text / iMessages to. They typical young person already text using gifs, emojis, etcetera, and this is just to make it so that they wouldn't have to use a 3rd-party app to do it, in my opinion.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it's going to be something that takes getting used to over time. I'm unsure how much I'll actually use the new features, but I'll a better idea when the public beta drops next month.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My guess is that it's going to be something that takes getting used to over time. I'm unsure how much I'll actually use the new features, but I'll a better idea when the public beta drops next month.

I can see my 12 17 and 19 year old nephews and my 22 year old niece especially using this feature a HECK of a lot more than me! I downloaded Snapchat once and tried to use it and could not figure it out, so I asked my niece about it and she said "it's not for adults!" ROFL!