For years, when my neighbour/best mate has gone on holiday with her family we have found the easiest way to keep in touch to be email. Both with different makes of phone, both with different messaging apps. She didn't like my BBM and I didn't like her Whatsapp. And so email it has always been....data costs only as they go abroad.
The other evening on the phone, we were discussing this and it finally struck me I have iMessage. And both her sons have iPhones. How easy it will be this year for me to report on their empty house security, for her to let me know they have arrived safely. No messing around with emails and waiting for delivery, just the equivalent of a simple text, an iMessage that will still cost us nothing.
- 02-26-2016, 06:12 AM #2
- 02-26-2016, 06:28 AM #3
- 02-26-2016, 09:59 AM #5
Re: Holiday iMessages
It fascinates me how it knows whether to send as text or iMessage. If you consider other message apps, they are specific to the app....use particular servers or whatever. But it's like a little bit of magic, in an ever increasingly disappointing world, that my little iPhone knows it's messaging another iPhone. Please, don't tell me how it knows. Leave it as magic....
- 02-27-2016, 07:27 AM #7
- By gjwentink in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2016, 12:05 AM
- By 1haygarratt in forum iMessageReplies: 6Last Post: 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM
- By elleliniewski in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-23-2016, 05:07 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2016, 10:00 AM