- iMore Nanite
- 6 Posts
Why can't I return to sending iMessage after a text?
I tried to send a colleague (who I know has an iPhone and can send/receive iMessage) an iMessage but my WiFi connection dropped and my mobile data was turned off. I switched on my mobile data and retried sending the iMessage but the phone sent it as a text message.
Now it seems I can only send him text messages (the green ones). How do I get back to sending him iMessages (the blue ones)? It is irritating as hell because literally two messages earlier I could still send him an iMessage.
I have tried swithing iMessage of and on again, I have also tried switching my iPhone off and on again. Please help.
Last edited by gjwentink; 02-25-2016 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Typo
- 03-18-2016, 12:05 AM #2iMore Nanite
- 3 Posts
Re: Why can't I return to sending iMessage after a text?
I've had this happen to me before. What ended up happening was I asked my friend to compose a new iMessage to me, and then our conversation messages started being blue again. I'm not really sure if that's an official fix or not but that has fixed this problem for me more than once.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 8Last Post: 05-29-2016, 10:06 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2016, 09:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2016, 11:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2016, 10:30 PM