iMessage without iOS
Okay, so i'm running Yosemite 10.10.5, and trying to use iMessage. I don't have any devices running iOS. I'm trying to send an iMessage to my bf f who has an iPhone. I've input her contact details in contacts, selected her in the "to" field and type a quick message.
but it fills in red, and tells me "(her number here) is not registered with iMessage".
I've used FaceTime with her like 15mins ago. Why doesn't this work?
And she gets a "delivered" notification, when she sends a message to the FaceTime i called from.
- 01-09-2016, 07:51 AM #2
- 01-09-2016, 01:22 PM #4
- 38,426 Posts
Re: iMessage without iOS
Then the problem is on her end and not yours. Have her go to Settings→ Messages, and then disable the toggle next to iMessage. After that, have her go to Settings→ General→ Reset, and then select "Reset Network Settings". When the process finishes, have her reconnect to the Internet, re-enable iMessage and then have her send you an iMessage.
- 01-14-2016, 01:31 AM #6
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2016, 09:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2016, 08:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2016, 10:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-07-2016, 09:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2016, 09:58 PM