iMessage won't connect-keeps wanting to verify email address. What can I do?

I

iMore Question

IMessage won't connect-keeps wanting to verify email address

On my iPad I can no longer access iMessage. When I go to text message (I have wifi only) I get a pop-up screen stating that iMessage needs to verify a email address. It ask you to sign in with your Apple ID and password. When you do you are transferred to apple-ID. I sign in there with no issue. All emails are correct. There is nothing that sends verify. Everything is correct. But it won't let me send a text message any more. I just keep going in circles. I am running the latest version of SW.

NeatyB

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. I can't find anywhere to 'verify' or 'resend verification email' and iMessages and FaceTime won't work...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > sign out of iMessage and Facetime. Sign back in with your Apple ID. Add 1 email address in "Send and Receive" you want to use for iMessage and Facetime.

NeatyB

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Ledsteplin but it won't even allow you to log in so you can access 'Send and Receive' As soon as you key in your email and password it says you need to verify the email address. When you click 'Verify' it takes you to the Apple ID page on Safari and you can then log into your account. Once you're in your account there is nothing to 'verify' or 'resend verification'.......

caroljj53

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have to sign into iMessage sometimes up to 3 times a day.
When I have finally been able to get in, I send a text message, on my iPad...the reply arrives on my iPhone....not my iPad until much later.
This is becoming extremely frustrating.
I have found help nowhere.
I thought...Maybe here.
Carol

Icekat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: IMessage won't connect-keeps wanting to verify email address

On my iPad I can no longer access iMessage. When I go to text message (I have wifi only) I get a pop-up screen stating that iMessage needs to verify a email address. It ask you to sign in with your Apple ID and password. When you do you are transferred to apple-ID. I sign in there with no issue. All emails are correct. There is nothing that sends verify. Everything is correct. But it won't let me send a text message any more. I just keep going in circles. I am running the latest version of SW.

I had the same problem and I fixed it by using my icloude email when logging in, oppose to the usual apple id email. So if you can try logging in using an alternate email. Hopefully it will work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro