- iMore Nanite
- 8 Posts
Why are SMS and iMessage separated!?
I'm new to iOS and don't understand why my messages to my wife (who also uses an iPhone) don't appear together when I open messaging. I have a separate SMS and iMessage thread. I thought they were supposed to be together in the contact? My wife's messages from me whether they are SMS or iMessage, are NOT separate threads ' just separated into green and blue. Help me sort this! Cheers!
- 11-28-2015, 12:11 PM #2iMore Pro
- 716 Posts
Re: Why are SMS and iMessage separated!?
It's possible iMessage is using yours and/or hers iCloud address instead of the cell numbers which would create a separate thread. Make sure your contact cards contain the iCloud email addresses, and also check settings/messages to see if the option for "send & receive" includes your iCloud addresses
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 45Last Post: Yesterday, 06:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 12-07-2015, 11:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 11-28-2015, 08:32 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2015, 05:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2015, 05:17 AM