Is anyone else's iMessage not working in IOS 9?

I

iMore Question

After upgrading to IOS 9.0.2 I cannot send iMessages to iphones that are still on IOS 8. All my messages send as text instead. Anyone I message with IOS 9 received an iMessage from me. Is anyone else having this issue? I kinda want to just go back to IOS 8.

dennina

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
yesssssss. and i hate it when people ask "is your imessage on?" or "the person you are texting doesnt have imessage" I have restarted, rebooted, re-EVERYTHING. went to the sprint store and they hadnt seen anything like it. its so annoying and im not going to wait for 5 hours at the apple store. help!

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The imessage app was having a problem yesterday according to apple. I believe they said it was fixed as of last night.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
yesssssss. and i hate it when people ask "is your imessage on?" or "the person you are texting doesnt have imessage" I have restarted, rebooted, re-EVERYTHING. went to the sprint store and they hadnt seen anything like it. its so annoying and im not going to wait for 5 hours at the apple store. help!

Don't do that. If you deal with this stuff as much as we do, you'd understand that people often forget to do the simplest of things. Anyway, as already have been stated, It was reported via the iMore Blog, that Apple was experiencing issues with iMessages yesterday. Hopefully, the situation has been resolved for you.