I

iMore Question

I get an incoming iMessage to multiple recipients. I would like to just reply to sender or maybe some selected recipients of that message. Unfortunately I can only reply to all recipients Or go find the senders pcontact info and then send a separate msg to the sender.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Message: option to reply and not reply all

I get an incoming iMessage to multiple recipients. I would like to just reply to sender or maybe some selected recipients of that message. Unfortunately I can only reply to all recipients Or go find the senders pcontact info and then send a separate msg to the sender.

Currently that's how it works. Replying to a group message is an "all or nothing" thing.

There are ways to do what you want, but they involved extra steps.
  • You can create a new message/message group and reply there.
  • You can remove (or add) recipients to the existing group message, but the changes affect the entire group going forward. To do this, tap the Details button in the upper right corner. To add recipients, tap the + Add Contact button below the group member list. To remove a contact from the group thread, slide the name of the person to be removed to the left and tap the Delete button that appears.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2