iMessage appeared from different number
I had an interesting thing happen the other day.... My wife sent her mother an iMessage. Her mother received the message, but it appeared as though it came from MY fathers phone number. All parties use iPhones, but all have separate Apple ID's. The only connection is that my fathers phone is on our phone account. The message was sent and received as an iMessage. Any ideas? The only thing I can find about this is where people have shared an Apple ID, but that's not the case in this situation.
- 08-26-2015, 05:57 PM #2
Re: iMessage appeared from different number
1. Your wife sent the iMessage from your dad's iPhone.
2. The number associated with the iMessage is listed as your dad's in the recipient's contact list.
3. If the iMessage was sent via cellular data, it's possible that something got crossed up via your service provider, especially if it has only happened this one particular time.
- 08-26-2015, 08:14 PM #4
- By kch50428 in forum VerizonReplies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2015, 08:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 14Last Post: 08-28-2015, 10:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Why am I getting black lining when I navigate back suddenly from any of the apps on my One Plus One?By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2015, 07:06 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2015, 07:03 AM