Could an employee of Apple or the service provider manipulate the system to intercept iMessages?

I

iMore Question

Could an employee of apple or the service provider manipulate the system to intercept iMessages.

If an employee of the service provider or Apple had personal reasons for wanting to intercept the conversation between two users, could they access information or resources from the company to achieve it undetected?
Cheers Robyn.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Could an employee of apple or the service provider manipulate the system to intercept iMessages.

iMessages... No. Standard carrier SMS? That's like a postcard in the US mail...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Could an employee of apple or the service provider manipulate the system to intercept iMessages.

Could Apple, well we likely will never know for sure. I do believe what kch50428 said is correct but we can never rule out any backdoors into devices today regardless of how much the mfg tells us to trust them. Someday a court order or law may require it and we likely won't know about it. I think it's best to err on the side of caution, that anything you say, write or do on the internet is public and is being scraped up and stored.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods