How can I get my iMessage and Facetime activated?

I

iMore Question

Imessage and facetime are not activated

Hello,

I'm using iPhone 6, 2days ago the imessages and face time was not working, was working well before,
Also this happened to my wifes' iPhone and my freind ( 3 devices)
all my friends are working fine with the imessages
I put my sim card in iPhone 5c and the same issue is still

Can any one advise me what to do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Imessage and facetime are not activated

This all (3 devices) happened at the same location? On Cellular and wifi? Do you have good signal?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

magasx

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Hello guys. :)

I have same problem. I bought iPhone 6. All day i trying to make iMessage and FaceTime to be activated. But no success. i see message: waiting for activation... I waited half day and i get error message. I try reset network. Try turn off phone with sleep and home buttons. All is same. By the way when i turning off green button for example iMessage, and then turning on first i reiceve message: facetime and imessage your carrier charge for sms message used to activate facetime and imessage. And when i push ok, second message: imessage activation an error occurred during activation. try again.

Maybe somebody know why i can't activate it and what to do?..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hello guys. :)

I have same problem. I bought iPhone 6. All day i trying to make iMessage and FaceTime to be activated. But no success. i see message: waiting for activation... I waited half day and i get error message. I try reset network. Try turn off phone with sleep and home buttons. All is same. By the way when i turning off green button for example iMessage, and then turning on first i reiceve message: facetime and imessage your carrier charge for sms message used to activate facetime and imessage. And when i push ok, second message: imessage activation an error occurred during activation. try again.

Maybe somebody know why i can't activate it and what to do?..

Did you go to Settings >iMessage,>Toggle on iMessage > Tap the " Use Apple ID for...⋅, enter your Apple ID? Then do the same for Facetime?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435514150.261562.jpg

magasx

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Did you go to Settings >iMessage,>Toggle on iMessage > Tap the " Use Apple ID for...⋅, enter your Apple ID? Then do the same for Facetime?

Hello. Yes. i did this all. But you know what is strange right now? After i reset network in my phone, now where is imessage and where i need enter my apple ID i cant do that. Something is loging but after that i get message about lost connection. And same after i reset phone to factory. My ID working in beggining, internet connectin working too but in imessage i can log in with my ID. With FaceTime everything ok. In there still waiting activation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Yes. i did this all. But you know what is strange right now? After i reset network in my phone, now where is imessage and where i need enter my apple ID i cant do that. Something is loging but after that i get message about lost connection. And same after i reset phone to factory. My ID working in beggining, internet connectin working too but in imessage i can log in with my ID. With FaceTime everything ok. In there still waiting activation.

Toggle iMessage off for a few seconds, then toggle it back on. The log in will show briefly as it does in the image above. You'll need to tap on it quickly. It won't stay visible long.

Or go to "Send and Receive" and it will be there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435537773.393531.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435537783.324582.jpg

magasx

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Ledsteplin, thanks for replay. I fix my problem. Well.. Not fix but i will understand why i cant use this. My country mobile phone service not support this two functions. So this is that real problem. :) Thanks for help.

baroth

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Helo everyone.
Can anywone help me with this issue but on iphone 4s ?
i tried many tricks which i found on the internet but them didint work
Should i call apple support ?
In this topic you wrote about "Send & Recive" option i message menu - but on my iphone 4 there is no such option ...
i have 8.3 IOS

is that correct ?

best regards

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Helo everyone.
Can anywone help me with this issue but on iphone 4s ?
i tried many tricks which i found on the internet but them didint work
Should i call apple support ?
In this topic you wrote about "Send & Recive" option i message menu - but on my iphone 4 there is no such option ...
i have 8.3 IOS

is that correct ?

best regards

You should have "Send and Receive" in Settings >Messages. What iOS are you on? What country are you in?

baroth

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replay

my IOS version 8.3 (12F70)
i bought this iphone on internet auction
everything works fine except imessages and facetime

In Settings -> Messages
i have:
MMS Messaging
Show Subject Field
Character Count
Blocked
Keep Messages
Filter Unknown Senders

and nothing more

Best regards

baroth

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replay

my IOS version 8.3 (12F70)
i bought this iphone on internet auction
everything works fine except imessages and facetime

In Settings -> Messages
i have:
MMS Messaging
Show Subject Field
Character Count
Blocked
Keep Messages
Filter Unknown Senders

and nothing more

Best regards

I have just done upgrade to IOS 8.4 (12H143)
Will let you know if it is ok now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Do you have "Send as SMS"? And do you have "Send and Receive"?
Some governments in the Middle East do not allow iMessage and Facetime.

baroth

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Do you have "Send as SMS"? And do you have "Send and Receive"?
Some governments in the Middle East do not allow iMessage and Facetime.

This is what i have in imessage

jeden.png

Sometimes it goes through and i have

dwa.jpg

but when i tap next it back again to previous screen

I am from Poland. Friend of mine has exactly the same phone as me (iphone 4S) and everything works fine.

Best regards

Attachments

• dwa.jpg
    dwa.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

This is what i have in imessage

View attachment 84366

Sometimes it goes through and i have

View attachment 84367

but when i tap next it back again to previous screen

I am from Poland. Friend of mine has exactly the same phone as me (iphone 4S) and everything works fine.

Best regards

It looks like your phone is restricted from using iMessage and Facetime. The phone may have been originally purchased in a country that prohibits those features. You may have to make do without iMessage and Facetime. You should still have SMS and MMS. There is no way to fix it. Next time you purchase a phone, make sure it has what you want Maybe you could sell it and buy another.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro