- iMore Newbie
- 31 Posts
How to remove old phone number and add new one in iMessage?
I have changed my phone number and its hell removing the old number from my iMessage I have done everything like switching off iMessage on old number then resetting network settings changing apple id password and its still showing my old number greyed and not showing my new number at all!
- 01-17-2015, 06:45 AM #2iMore Genius
- 4,772 Posts
Re: How to remove old phone number and add new one in iMessage?
Insert the new sim with the new phone number.
Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Turn iPhone back on
Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage to have your phone recognised and the SIM verified.
If this sequence doesn't help I would consider backing up your data and wipe your device and then do a restore from back up.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 01-20-2015, 03:29 PM
- By budmonster in forum iPadReplies: 15Last Post: 01-19-2015, 01:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2015, 08:34 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2015, 07:14 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2015, 09:51 PM