New device but iMessage is going to old iPhone?
I just learned this today, so thought I would share.
My dad had an iPhone 4s and recently changed to an Android device.
He can text my iPhone fine but when I reply it sends as an iMessage to his old iPhone device. Nothing to his new Android.
He needs to "turn of" iMessage so I can then just text to his new device.
2. Log in if not already logged in.
3. Click on "edit products"
4. Click on the "x" to the right of the product.
5. Click "unregister"
Within seconds of doing this I was able to send texts to his new Android device!
Hopefully this helps someone!
- 10-05-2014, 02:47 AM #2
- 10-24-2014, 09:17 AM #3
Re: New device but iMessage is going to old iPhone?
My parents were both iPhone users, but my mom just switched to Windows Phone and my dad has been having trouble sending her texts. I tried following these steps, it still doesn't work.
I changed the setting to use SMS if iMessage is unavailable. When he sends her a message now, it first attempts to use iMessage and then it automatically sends as SMS once the iMessage fails.
I've read elsewhere that iMessaging needs to be turned off from the iPhone of the person who is switching from iPhone. Does anyone know if the SIM has to be active in that phone for this change to make a difference?
Last edited by poit57; 10-24-2014 at 09:34 AM.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
- By pr1nce in forum Guides & How-To ArticlesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2014, 06:21 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2014, 06:16 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2014, 04:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2014, 04:40 PM